Ellz Readz's Reviews > Venom

Venom by Jennifer Estep

Feb 12, 2011

Read in February, 2011

My thoughts...If you are looking for a fierce, no-nonsense character, then you will love Gin Blanco.

This is the third book in the Elemental Assassin series, so if you have not read Spider's Bite or Web of Lies, you should definitely start there. This third book feels pivotal to me. Gin has reached an edge. She has lost so much in her short time and she has been defeated by love. This fact makes her character, while still tough as nails, very vulnerable. I developed a new appreciation for her character in this installment. She became so much more likable and relatable. Don't get me wrong, she is still just as fierce, even more so than before. But that vulnerability makes me like her more.

I am pleased with the other characters in Venom as well. We get to read more about the handsome Finn. We see more of Owen Grayson, who I love compared to that close-minded detective. A bit more is revealed about the mysterious sisters and Bria.

The action is once again non-stop. Estep leaves readers little time to catch their breath between scenes. It is still violent, bloody, and gritty, but retired or not, Gin is still the Spider. There were more world details revealed, as well as more fuel to the fire against Mab Monroe. As usual, I enjoyed reading the magic Gin created in the kitchen as well as the development of her elemental magic. I can't wait to see what happens in the fourth book.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Venom.

Donna I really liked the way you described Gin, perfect.