Kaia's Reviews > Tantalize

liked it
bookshelves: vampires, yuck
Recommended for: Blood and Chocolate Fans
Read in October, 2008, read count: 1

I don't know even where to begin with this book. It was good at the beginning and middle but as the book drew nearer and nearer to the climax and then the end it just well...sucked. It reminded me of how I have all these amazing story ideas that I like to write about but very few of my stories actually have endings because I can't think of any good ones with interesting twists. It seems almost like the author just gave up at the end.
Besides that the book at the beginning was a bit confusing and hard to follow at times because of the information overload. And I found it odd how the days (sense of time) was so choppy. An event in the book would end abruptly. Which at times I liked because the book cut to the interesting parts and cut out the boring parts. But I felt that I was missing out on some valuable information.
But the thing that bothered me most was this book was a bit too graphic (romantically) and there were definitely some details in there that would go under the "too much information" category. That is why this book has ended up on my "Yuck" shelf.
Lastly, people have complained about this book being too stereotypical. Personally, it didn't bother me that much. Maybe because I wasn't expecting too much out of this book. But also I like to see all the vampire/werewolf angles. i like how every author has their own interpretation and twist.
Anyways I was going to give this book 4 stars but it ended up barely earning 3.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tantalize.

10/04/2008 page 255