Tyson Adams's Reviews > The Six Sacred Stones

The Six Sacred Stones by Matthew Reilly

Feb 12, 2011

Read from June 05 to 18, 2011 — I own a copy

Whenever I read a review for a Matthew Reilly book I am immediately putting the reviews into one of two categories. Category G - they got it. Category M - missed the point.

Reilly is one of the best at writing books that could be an action movie directed by Bay or Bruckheimer. They are meant to be a flat out thrill ride of action and adventure. So many reviewers seem to expect Tolstoy or Dostoyevsky and are understandably under-whelmed. I on the other hand was expecting a novelised action film, so I was whelmed or possibly super-whelmed.

I am a huge fan of Reilly's work. I finished his first Jack West Jr book and while it retained Reilly's breakneck pacing and adventure, it lacked reader involvement. Things just happened, you didn't feel thrilled by the adventure, and the book had me second guessing the series. This second JW Jr novel stands in stark contrast and is Reilly at his sterling best. While the Scarecrow series is his best work this series is impressive and worth reading.

A little warning: buy both Six Sacred Stones and Five Greatest Warriors, as you will want to read them back to back, just as I am doing. There may or may not be a cliff-hanger that can't wait.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Six Sacred Stones.

06/17/2011 page 400
03/26/2016 marked as: read

Tyson Adams So far much better than the first Jack West Jr novel.