Habrewer's Reviews > The Rookie

The Rookie by Liz Crowe

Feb 11, 11

Read in October, 2010

The Rookie by Liz Crowe
* I received a copy of this book from Breathless Press in exchange for an honest review*

In The Rookie, Lisa is woman trying to succeed in a man's world. She is an account rep for beer and is often called upon to train "rookie" vendor reps in the field. She is strong and dedicated to her job. She has worked hard to get where she is and isn't going to let anyone, not even a very hot looking rookie, get in her way.

From the beginning there is sexual tension between Lisa and Trent. She is not happy about having him along because he keeps throwing her off her game. She has never been this flustered around a man before. She is impressed with his selling abilities and finds herself enjoying her time with him while on the road.

After their encounter, she finds out who Trent actually is. At first, she is angry and feels betrayed because he didn't tell her who he was up front. She is willing to give him a chance to make it up to her.

This was a short quick story that I enjoyed a lot. I would love to see more of Lisa and Trent. There was definitely room for the story to be expanded or continued. I give The Rookie 3 1/2 flaming hearts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rookie.