Reader's Paradise's Reviews > Nina's Got A Secret

Nina's Got A Secret by Brian W. Smith

3019404
Feb 11, 11

Read in November, 2009

Nina, the novel's main character finds herself a single mom; strip dancing for a living after her man "Flip" is shot and dies in a drug deal. After meeting Larry Dennison a successful sports agent Nina's life change for the better. She trades in her pole for a house in the suburbs of California and her new role as stay at home mom caring for her daughter Precious and her autistic step daughter Chrissy. The challenge for Nina was not being a mom or a step mom, its being selfless learning to share herself.

While on their way home from a botched audition for Precious, Nina, her best friend Val and her step daughter Chrissy are involved in a car accident that will forever change their lives. Friendships are tested; relationships strained and fractured and what was once clear is no longer. I absolutely loved the characters in this book because I was able to relate to them as someone I know or have met. The storyline was innovative; one I had not read before. I was very intrigued from the beginning of the book to the end.

The choice Nina had to make was such a wow factor for me that I had no choice but to discuss it with many of my friends. For them the line is not crystal clear in what choice to make. But the lie..oh the lie was absolutely unforgivable.

Nina's got a Secret is a rich contribution to readers who are ready to read a story about hard decisions and the consequences of those decisions. This novel is worthy of all the accolades it has received including Literary mention in EKG Literary Magazine and listed on Oprah's "What to Read at Your Next Book club Meeting list". I recommend this as your next read if you are looking for a story that will stir your soul and make you think "would I"

Missy
Reader's Paradise

Nina's Got A Secret by Brian W. Smith

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nina's Got A Secret.