Habrewer's Reviews > Overnight

Overnight by E.C. Sheedy

Feb 11, 11

Read in August, 2010

Overnight by E.C. Sheedy
* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Not many people get a second chance with their first love but that’s what Deanne gets when meets up with Julius again. She is working with Clancy to promote his first art how. She contacts Julius Zern for a private showing; if he likes them it will boost Clancy’s credibility as an artist.

Julius got more than he bargained for when showed up at Deanne’s house. He can’t stop thinking about her so he decides to ask her to dinner. He doesn’t believe in long term and he never stays overnight when he dates. Deanne changes all the rules and he doesn’t know what to do her.

Deanne is a strong character, she has survived a loveless marriage and a demanding mother to finally be her own person. It took many years of therapy but now she has a new life, a new dog, and a new beginning. She is willing to give this new relationship with Julius a chance but will he.

Both Deanne and Julius feel a responsible for what happened to his family all those years ago. It took Julius many years to get over their deaths and he vowed to never fall in love again. He is a giving person, donates to several charities, took over his father’s business and inherited his mother’s love of art.

The story caught grabbed my attention right from the start. There is an air of mystery and intrigue because you know that there is going to be trouble with Kurt and his friends. As the story progresses and Julius spends the night with Deanne, you start to hope he will be her knight in shining armor. I loved the ending and was surprised by the turn of events.

Overall I enjoyed Overnight and give it 3½ Flaming Hearts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Overnight.