Bardi's Reviews > Thief of Time

Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Feb 11, 11

Read in February, 2011

Now, as it happens, and as may people are aware, I have no sense of humour. And there were times in the book (roughly every two thirds of a page) when I saw a movement out of the corner of my reading that led me to think that I should be chuckling. Or snorting. Or on too frequent occasions guffawing. Thus as well for those around me that I do not have a sense of humour. Although I do not know then why they kept staring at me.

I am told that most of the Discworld series takes place on a world that involves being supported by a rodent and a reptile but that is not really brought up. It does explain the difference in some of the characters who Sir Terry has also written about in Good Omens.

I do have to admit that, although one would think I would have empathy for the Auditors (they having no humour) the truth is they do not seem to have anything else to replace it either. I would think that if the world was ending, as it does in this story a few times, that one could think of something better to do than to die of chocolate? And as a music fan who grew up in the 60s I am always interested in Reunions. In this case the Five Horsemen of the Apocalypse. It is a shame I am lactose intolerant.

A side note..it is,imho, a great shame that Sir Terry and Douglas Adams did not cowrite a book. Or that the remaining members of Monty Python have not written a musical version of one of the Discworld books. Of which I want to read more as one might have guessed. And if you have not you certainly should. And if you have a sense of humour I would certainly suggest the practical possibility of finding seclusion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thief of Time.