Marianna's Reviews > Ascend

Ascend by Amanda Hocking

3197455
Feb 11, 11

Read in February, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I can't believe Wendy and Finn didn't get their happy ending!!!!!! Seriously! The author made me fall in love with this couple and then out of no where, it's like... Oh, I'm going to fall in love with someone else instead. It was very disappointing. I did love how much Wendy changed and became the queen she was meant to be but it was a slap in the face that she chose Loki over Finn. Loki was cool and I understand how she could be with him when they were in the other place but... Finn was her love and he had a sense of duty. I understand she wanted him to fight for her and it seemed like he just accepted his place but omg. WHY!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascend.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carlos That whole part of the story made no sense at all to me. What was the point of building them up so much and then doing a 180 in the final book?

Kristen Exactly!

Christi Agree!!!

message 4: by Milly (new)

Milly Honestly love books 1&2 but her ending up with Loki kinda ruined it for me

Christel I agree and at the same time I don't...I loved Finn but I felt like he always chose his "duty" over Wendy! Sure they were in love but him constantly rejecting her made it impossible for them to be together. Finn just couldn't open up to Wendy. He never really told her anything about his past and just wasn't completely honest. Loki was just there for Wendy and they had a strong connection since the first time they met.

Miriam I agree, she's with Finn, which I thought was a good choice, but ends up with loki and she wasn't truly in love with him like she was Finn.

Tori Matthes Hahaha thank you omg!!!! :) now I deffs gotta finish reading the series!

Sami Finn ended up with mia and he was happier , he made his choice but it irrated me how stole kisses when he couldn't help himself that's not right. Loki risked everything for wendy it was sweet and olizer sounds adorable.

Sami Oliver I mean sorry

message 10: by Meg (new) - rated it 1 star

Meg I KNOW! FINN WAS HER TRACKER! THEY WERE PERFECT. AND THEN THIS STUPID LOKI GUY JUST WALKS IN LIKE WHAT THE HELL. UGH, WAY TO RUIN THE WHOLE SERIES FOR ME.