Elise-banned from infomercials and ebay's Reviews > When He Was Bad

When He Was Bad by Shelly Laurenston

I gave this book 3 stars simply for SL part of the book, Miss Congeniality. I love SL and this book gave great background on Dr. Conridge and Niles and is sorta like a prequel to Go Fetch, which I loved. In Go Fetch, Dr. Conridge likes Miki because she is much like herself, although you don't really get a feel for this at the time (ok maybe a hint of it). However, once you read her story, it is really obvious how she could love Miki and it is a wonderful prequel. Unfortunately, the other story in the book, Wicked Ways, I could not get into and I just stopped reading it, and I hate not finishing a book. I have never read the author (Cynthia Eden) and for whatever reason, could not get into her style. This is the first book I have ever borrow and it was easy and quite simple (at least from my end). Needless to say, I would recommend Miss Congeniality if you are a SL fan, but I can't say I would recommend Wicked Ways. TTFN-Sandy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When He Was Bad.

Quotes Elise-banned from infomercials and ebay Liked

Shelly Laurenston
“Are you afraid?" Volker questioned while sitting at the table and getting comfortable.
"No. But I have incredible luck with dice and I am ruthless. You will lose, gentlemen. I will destroy your lands, take your women, ravish your men, and make your children my slave labor. I will own every castle, house, and farm that is within my reach. I won't be satisfied until I own all of it and you. I will destroy you all, gentlemen, and, to be quite blunt, I don't think you can handle it."
Van covered his mouth to keep from laughing out loud and he didn't dare look at his sister. Verner stepped back, motioning to the table. "Now I must insist."
"As you wish." Irene sighed and stood. She glanced at Van and gave him a quick wink before turning back to his uncle. "I do hope you're a 'sobber,' Mr. Van Holtz. Nothing I love more than the lamenting of the men I annihilate."

"I can't believe you made him cry."
"I did not. He just teared up a little."
"Yeah. I think it was when you told him, 'I now control your ports and own your manhood.'"
"His wife laughed.”