Maya's Reviews > Fire on the Mountain

Fire on the Mountain by P.D. Singer
Mountain, Book 1
2.5 Hearts
Reviewed for

This was a fairly enjoyable story of two likable young men working as forest rangers and paired together for a six month stint. Jake is very inexperienced both on the job and in life. In his early twenties, he is still a virgin. Kurt is a few years older and much more experienced in life and on the job. They are both hiding the fact that they are gay and they are both terribly attracted to each other. The story moves very slowly and focuses mainly on the daily lives of the forest rangers and how they cope living together in a sparse cabin that doesn't have electricity or running water. It is told from Jake’s POV so we get to know him very well but there is very little development of Kurt’s character. Unfortunately, both men do a ton of navel gazing and I got bored reading about Jake masturbating to thoughts of Kurt. There is some action in the way of a couple of harrowing fires and a strung out biker but the pace is extremely slow. I did actually find myself skimming over several of Jake’s masturbating scenes and some of his inner dialogue because his worrying was wearing on my nerves. Overall, it is a well written book but would have benefitted from a stronger connection and relationship between the men.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire on the Mountain.