Sandra's Reviews > Demon Girl

Demon Girl by Penelope Fletcher

Feb 19, 11

Read from February 15 to 19, 2011

Awful, awful, awful. This is the first real negative review I've ever had to write about a book because, honestly, it was a horrible excuse for a novel. There was no character development, the plot very rushed and skipped around leaving me a little confused at points, nothing was fleshed out like it should have been, there wasn't enough description and, worst of all, the editing seemed to have been non-existent. At the time I acquired this book it was only available on NookBook. It's riddled with grammatical and spelling errors and paragraphs that start mid-sentence. At least a few times there were references to things in this fantasy world with no description as to what those things actually were. It was released last month in paperback and I can only hope that an editor looked it over before it was published. It says first in a series and I guarantee you I will not be reading any subsequent books.

I have to admit, I seriously considered not finishing this one and I only skimmed the ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Girl.