Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections's Reviews > Dreams of a Dark Warrior

Feb 11, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-reads, immortal, series, vampire, witches, humorous
Recommended for: over 18
Read from February 16 to 17, 2011 , read count: 1

Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole starts off a thousand years ago with a twelve year old Regin the Radiant meeting Aidin the Fierce which sets the background of how their love-affair began. Then, the story flashes to present day New Orleans and is occurring in tandem to the last installment of the Immortal After Dark book that featured Carrow and Callum.

The conflict in the story begins very quickly which had my heart twisting and remained as such until the last third of the book. Delcan Chase, the commander of the Order, along with some of his soldiers have rounded-up Regin to take her to confinement with the other Lore folk that have been previously captured in an installation on an island where the majority of the novel takes place.

The happily ever after for this hero and heroine does not come easily. However, Ms. Cole does a superb job of staying true to the characters we all know and love so well. The author also introduces us to a few new characters that draw you in and thereby win your heart.

The Valkyrie and witch humor is very much alive and well. Because of the sense of humor peppered through out the story and the loyalty of the characters to each other, I was able to keep reading the story without having to put the book down when I grew very frustrated with some of the situations in the story line.

Bottom line is Kresley Cole delivers another outstanding novel in her IAD series. She is able to illicit laughter, frustration, love, and a myriad of other emotions throughout the entirety of this story. Her ability to hook you into her world and not let go until the very end is uncanny.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams of a Dark Warrior.

message 1: by Sharon (new) - added it

Sharon yeah! I think I need a dose of IAD ;)

Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections Get you some! I think you will enjoy this one. The book was a little more violent than the previous book, it seemed to me; but, it had its very steamy moments.

Lisa Kay Nice review, Laurie!