Danielle Raine's Reviews > The Art of Non-Conformity: Set Your Own Rules, Live the Life You Want, and Change the World

The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau

Feb 20, 11

Read on February 11, 2011

This is the perfect read for anyone who suspects there's more to life than the daily grind of joyless conformity.

Being self-employed, I was inspired and encouraged by Chris's take on 'creative self-employment', in particular using the internet. Though I don't share his passion for travel, I can relate to his quest for the freedom to live a life of creativity, flexibility and fun. His advice is less about becoming wealthy enough to travel the world and more about engineering the lifestyle you love doing work you enjoy. (I'm all for that!) Aside from the work/career/employment advice, there are also some strategies for general life-imporvement (I loved the To Stop Doing list) and tips on how to handle the 'play-it safers, the creatures of the commonplace and the slaves of the ordinary'.

The Art of Non-Conformity is an enjoyable blend of anecdotes, insights, how-to advice and soul-searching questions. There is also an altruistic thread throughout the whole book, exploring what we have to offer the world, in terms of our talents, service and legacy - a healthy and refreshing balance to the pursuit of the our ideal lives.

Inspiring insights, encouraging stories and provocative questions- a fab read. Really enjoyed it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Non-Conformity.