Lisa Lap's Reviews > Drink of Me

Drink of Me by Jacquelyn Frank

Jun 09, 11

bookshelves: 2011-books-read, fantasy, fiction, paranormal, paranormalromance
Read in February, 2011

Another good read by Jacquelyn Frank. I loved her Nightwalker series, and also her Shadowdweller series. Even though this book is marked as a stand alone book I found myself really hoping the she continues in this world. Reule and Mystique were a dynamic match, and I was disappointed when their story ended. The potential for more is really there even if everything end happily ever after.

Ruele is the pack leader of the Sange people. A mysterious species that is an outcast among the species of their world. They were cast out of the haven city and forced to make their way in the wild and unforgiving mountains, where Ruele has established a thriving city and a strong people. He rules absolutely, the unquestioned leader of his pack. His warriors are loyal, and fierce - equals to their leader.

Mystique is an outcast as well. Having suffered a trauma that erases her memory, she finds safety in the comfort of Ruele's arms. He discovers her hidden away in the attic of a crumbling house on a rescue mission for one of his pack mates and is immediately drawn to the mysterious child. After seeing her safely home he discovers that it isn't a child under all the dirt and grime, but rather a beautiful and captivating young woman. As she recovers her health, he also discovers that she is his match in intellect and spirit. A soul mate at last.

Their bond is inexpicable and powerful, easily drawing others into their magic. When Mystique's people come looking for her will all be lost regarding the new life and love she has found? Ruele's has never given up his heart before, but will he risk a war for a woman that might not ever truly be his?

A delicious read that I inhaled in a day. I'd gladly revisit this world and see what other stories are found among the people of the Sange.

~Lisa

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drink of Me.