Amanda's Reviews > Altar of Eden

Altar of Eden by James Rollins

Feb 11, 2011

liked it
Read in February, 2011

I'm on the fence with this book. I really enjoy reading Rollins books, but I can't decide if I liked this one or not.

In some ways it was highly enjoyable. As his previous books, the science part of it completely intrigued me. It kept the plot moving and I stayed interested trying to piece together where he was going with the genetic aspect of the animals. In fact the animals outcomes where what kept me reading to the end. But for a lot of readers this part of the books isn't going to be enough to keep them entertained.

I really struggled with the characters. They all seem a little one dimensional and very predictable. The heroine whose plays tough but really is insecure. The hero who helps the heroine find out who she really is. The villain, whose really good at heart, the true villain who gets his in the end. Even the sidekicks were for the most part boring.

I would recommend this book to other Rollins fans, due to the parts that I love about his other works are great in this one. However for someone new to this author I wouldn't recommend starting with this one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Altar of Eden.