Anzu The Great Destroyer's Reviews > Drink Deep

Drink Deep by Chloe Neill

~~~ Before I start I should let you know that I made a little “explanation corner” at the bottom of my review. I think I’ll start using this more since I use funky words most people don’t understand. So if you see a “*” or something know what you should go to the bottom of the page blah blah blah you get it, you’re smart kids ~~~

I can’t express how happy I am right now. No no, calm down people, I’m not happy because this book is awesome. I’m happy because I’m finally done with it. My fire needs more stuff to burn so this book will do wonderfully.

How to best describe Drink Deep? Boring, disappointing, skimfest*, filler, you name it. I can’t believe I was so excited over this *facepalm* but how could I have known? Can you blame my naivety? Plus everyone was excited about it and many people gave it high ratings, of course I was bound to fall into this horrible trap. Anyhow, if you don’t want to read more of my review, stop here. Be warned you demons, the bitchiness starts now. Proceed at your own cost!

So let’s start with my problems. One, there is the fact that everyone’s too cool about Ethan dying. Hell even I suffered more than the characters in this damn book. Suffer you bitches!! Your god is gone!! Yes I want to see him come back; yes I like him more than I like Merit. Have a problem with that?

Two, why is Merit not funny anymore? Was she ever funny? I don’t even remember... all I know is that right now she’s one cold-hearted (pun intended) bitch. She’s so excited about Jonah. What the hell? She should be running away from him like he’s the plague! Spit in his face, throw holy water on him, idk**! Something! And then the dude tells her that his feelings are totally platonic and she believes him. Platonic my ass, you can obviously see that he’s drooling over her and is probably mind-raping her as we speak! Her stupidity is beyond judgment…

Three, see image 1.

Four, why does this feel like the story being filled in just to cover a few more books? Oh wait, I have the answer for that. I’ve recently heard that there’s a contract on ten books for this series. Now I don’t know about you but I think that’s a pretty high number considering the series we’re talking about. Chicagoland Vamps isn’t complex enough to hold ten freakin’ books. This is book five and basically it’s total filler so guess what’s in store for us? Utter bullsh*t. *mumbles to herself* ten books pfff…

I actually don’t give a sh*t about the river turning black or the nymphs losing their magic or whatever. I want a relevant story, something that would interest me. This is not cool. That’s why I skimmed 70% of the book. Yes my dear kids, 70-f*cking-percent! Is this not a waste of time in your dictionary?

Five, it was too predictable. (view spoiler)

The ending was nice (not great, sadly) but it doesn’t make up for the rest of the book. If I wasn’t curious about Ethan I’d dnf*** this.

-----------------------------------------
*skimfest = a wonderful activity of skimming almost everything
**idk = I don’t know
***dnf = did not finish
16 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drink Deep.

9.0% "I already miss Ethan" 52 comments
11/03/2011
12.0% "Ugh wtf is wrong with Merit?? Where's the pain and suffering? Does Jonah have it Merit? Does he????"
11/03/2011
17.0% "You know it's boring when I post too many statuses"
20.0% "zZzZzZzZzZzZ"
23.0% "zZzZzZzZzZzZzZ" 2 comments
47.0% "Skimfest!" 7 comments
11/04/2011
56.0% "Could it get more boring than this? The sky is bleeding? Really??" 3 comments
11/04/2011
77.0% "Still not getting any better"
88.0% "HA!"
100.0% "RCS" 7 comments

Alkyoni Omgarden. Anzu, I've been following your reviews for quite a while, and our tastes are pretty much in harmony, with the sole exception being the HoN novels. 2?!?!?! I am re-reading Hard Bitten at the moment and I've already got Drink Deep on my night stand to read next. 2?!?!?!?!?!

Anzu The Great Destroyer That's great :D How much did I give the HoN? I don't even remember lol :D I seriously got angry with this book because it disappointed me to the point of no return! I was thinking of giving it three if the ending was as good as they said it will be. It wasn't good enough for me.

Alkyoni /o\ I'm now officially depressed. I've had such high hopes for this one. I'll start reading it tomorrow and I really hope that this will be the one that we'll not agree upon :]

I don't remember how much you gave to the HoN novels, but it was definitely more than the -10 that I gave it. But other than that, we're golden.

Aly is so frigging bored Oooook... I will wait till I read this then :D

Anzu The Great Destroyer I knew from page 40 or so that it will suck. Just couldn't get into the story. So I guess you'll be able to tell if you'll like it or not pretty fast.

As to HoN I don't even remember the books not what ratings I gave them. I was going through a phase of liking most of the stuff I was reading. If I tried to re-read it now I'm sure I'd hate it. I actually have many books I feel like that about O.O

Aly maybe you'll like it :D I see Dee is enjoying it so maybe you will too :p

Aly is so frigging bored I think I have a higher tolerance to bullshit then you :D =))

Jamie "Suffer you bitches!! Your god is gone!! Yes I want to see him come back; yes I like him more than I like Merit." CLASSIC :)

I like Ethan way more than I like Merit, too :) And there should have been more suffering, although I think Merit was suffering constantly. Jonah was tongue raping her, and she could only think about Ethan. I don't like Jonah. He's not evil, but I don't like the direction this is going. (view spoiler)

Lexxie I, too, was so disappointed with this book. And I agree wtih you, way to easy to figure out a few things, and the ending was just as if someone had just gone out to buy milk, and came back five minutes later like they were supposed to...

Anzu The Great Destroyer My problem is with the turn the series took. It's not original anymore! Writing 75% of the book stupid and just 25% decent is not cool. I don't even feel like reading the next one.

Jamie Anzu wrote: "My problem is with the turn the series took. It's not original anymore! Writing 75% of the book stupid and just 25% decent is not cool. I don't even feel like reading the next one."

I totally see that, too, but I'm giving her one more chance. After the ending of this book, I can't possible NOT read Biting Cold. If that one sucks, then I could be done.

message 11: by Anzu (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer I'm just going to wait a bit longer until I start the next one. And as you said one more chance and then I give up the series. It happened to me the same with Sookie Stackhouse. It was sad to let that one go.

Aly is so frigging bored Oh you can wait till August =)) It's not like you can start sooner :D

Jamie Anzu wrote: "I'm just going to wait a bit longer until I start the next one. And as you said one more chance and then I give up the series. It happened to me the same with Sookie Stackhouse. It was sad to let t..."

The problem with Sookie is that there's still hope that her and Eric will work it out. I was very disappointed by the last Sookie and don't know if I'll be reading the next.

@Aly - Hee! Hee! Yeah - not much we can do until August.

message 14: by Anzu (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer I've been disappointed with Sookie for two books now and I officially gave up the series :D

As a form of protest I will read the next CLV in December!

Aly is so frigging bored =)))) Do you think that's a bit of a stretch?

message 16: by Anzu (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer No, not really :D

Aly is so frigging bored Uh... OK... If you REALLY think so...

message 18: by Anzu (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer What's the problem?

message 19: by Dija (new) - rated it 2 stars