Christine's Reviews > When Beauty Tamed the Beast

When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James

Oct 17, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance, author-signed, romance
Read from October 14 to 16, 2011

**4.5 stars** A charming version of a Beauty and the Beast type tale. The dialogue in this novel is very entertaining and really brings the characters to life. In addition, the unique setting adds interest and depth to the story. Most of the story takes place at the Earl of Marchant's castle in Wales which he has set up as a pseudo-hospital where the Earl, his cousin and a small handful of promising doctors-in-training strive to provide alternative health care to patients which is in fact the correct direction medicine needs take during this time period to save lives and prevent infections. This aspect of the story was extremely fascinating and the author effectively tied this to the romance plot as well. There is also a charming secondary romance plot featuring the Earl's mother and father that was a very sweet touch to the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Beauty Tamed the Beast.

10/14/2011 page 101
27.0% "Snappy, witty dialogue is making this book a lot of fun so far!" 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kimberly Cute book, but if you like it, she has some really awesome books (Essex sisters quartet).

Christine I'll be reading more by Eloisa James, for sure. I have the first in her Essex Sisters and Desperate Duchesses series on my shelf. I'll get to them eventually.. :)