Kelly's Reviews > Midnight Rising

251943
Feb 10, 2011

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, physical-books, read-in-2012
Read on August 14, 2012

OH, RIO! The poor guy has a little baggage, doesn't he? Tiny bit. He has that whole "betrayed by his mate" thing he's dealing with. And the scarring from said betrayal. That's both physical and emotional scarring, mind you. He doesn't think he's worthy of being part of the Order. He's ready to punch out and say goodbye. Let's face it, the guy's a mess. Then Dylan falls into his lap and suddenly he has a purpose again.

I LOVE how dark this story was. Besides the recent past, Rio's also dealing with a screwed up childhood and some self-image issues that aren't related to his newly acquired scars. He believes that he's a monster on the inside. In his mind, the outside now matches the inside. Dylan isn't particularly bothered by his physical imperfections. As she gets to know him, she sees that the tough facade he presents covers a whole lot of pain and she finds herself drawn to him.

I find that I'm incredibly intrigued by the plot surrounding the Ancient. Is there going to be an easy way out of this mess? I highly doubt it. It's twisted and dangerous and I think it's only going to get more so before things get better.

This is a good thing since there are oodles more books in this series that I plan on reading.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Rising.