Cathy/The Crazy Bookworm's Reviews > Dante's Journey

Dante's Journey by J.C. Marino

Feb 10, 11

Read in February, 2011

Dante's Journey is a retelling of The Divine Comedy. It doesn't take long to get sucked into this book and be completely enthralled by the story. Dante's Journey is a visually haunting page-turner! Although the setting and the journey through hell is quite scary-it's easy to understand Joe's motive. He will go to any lengths to get justice for his family.

I have never read the original story(Divine Comedy) so I can't compare, but this book definitely peeked my interest for it. Like I said earlier, the book is very visual, the author does a great job of describing the horrors surrounding Joe. It is almost like a graphic novel coming to life in your head. A lot of times in books it is either the storyline or the characters that keep you reading, but Dante's Journey was such a perfect balance of both. The characters and the storyline were both equally fascinating. The authors writing style was very smooth and flowed well throughout the book.

Packed with action, suspense and heart. Dante's Journey is a journey that you shouldn't miss.

What I loved: The smooth writing and the balance between the characters and the storyline.

What I disliked:...Can't think of anything :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dante's Journey.