stacy's Reviews > The Tender Bar

The Tender Bar by J.R. Moehringer

Feb 14, 11

Read from February 10 to 12, 2011

Update-I just finished this book. I enjoyed it very much and recommend it to anyone from LI. :) I also want to meet him and hang out with him and talk to him, it's probably a good thing that he lives in Colorado.

I am loving this book so far. I'm almost done and a little sad that the tale will be ending soon. I also grew up on LI but in a very different environment but I am very entertained by the different perspective. There are some, what I am assuming, lofty/idealistic parts in the book but they work, there's a magical realism element for me but without the pretend aspect. Maybe it's just optimism and I'm not used to it but the subjects in the book can be grim but don't seem hopeless. There are some books that I would recommend to anyone but I almost don't want to share this one, I want to keep it as mine but that would be selfish. So, I know everyone's got different opinions and stuff but I think this is a pretty good read but I'd hate for anyone to not enjoy this book, so if you don't think you will, don't read it. And, if you do read it and don't like it, don't tell me, I don't want to know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tender Bar.