Aileen's Reviews > Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Feb 13, 11

Read from February 10 to 13, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.

Quotes Aileen Liked

Richelle Mead
“The spell. Victor said you had to want me... to care about me... for it to work." When he didn't say anything, I tried to grip his shirt, but my fingers were too weak. "Did you? Did you want me?"
His words came out thickly. "Yes, Roza. I did want you. I still do. I wish... we could be together."
"Then why did you lie to me?"
We reached the clinic, and he managed to open the door while still holding me. As soon as he stepped inside, he began yelling for help.
"Why did you lie?" I murmured again.
Still holding me in his arms, he looked down at me. I could hear voices and footsteps getting closer.
"Because we can't be together."
"Because of the age thing, right?" I asked. "Because you're my mentor?"
His fingertip gently wiped away a tear that had escaped down my cheek. "That's part of it," he said. "But also... well, you and I will both be Lissa's gaurdians someday. I need to protect her at all cost. If a pack of Strogoi come, I need to throw my body between them and her."
I know that. Of course that's what you have to do." The black sparkles were dancing in front of my eyes again. I was fading out.
"No. If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you.”

Richelle Mead
“Did you see that dress?” "I saw the dress.” "Did you like it?” He didn't answer. I took that as a yes. "Am I going to endanger my reputation if I wear it to the dance?” When he spoke, I could barely hear him. "You'll endanger the school.” I smiled and fell asleep.”

Richelle Mead
“Do you think I'm pretty?
I think you're beautiful
Beautiful?
You are so beautiful, it hurts sometimes.”

Richelle Mead
“I find more peace with you.”

Richelle Mead
“The greatest and most powerful revolutions often start very quietly, hidden in the shadows. Remember that.”

Richelle Mead
“He watched as I slipped one of the shoes on. "You have a guardian angel."
"I don't believe in angels," I told him. "I believe in what I can do for myself."
Well then, you have an amazing body." I glanced up at him with a questioning look. "For healing, I mean. I heard about the accident...”

Richelle Mead
“Taking a deep breathe, I made one of the hardest decisions of my life.
I walked away.”

Richelle Mead
“If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you.”

Richelle Mead
“I didn't like having reasonable arguments thrown at me.”

Richelle Mead
“Don't worry, I won't bite. At least not in the way you're afraid of.”

Richelle Mead
“I had a standing arrangement with God: I'd agree to believe in him—barely—so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays.”

Richelle Mead
“Love and loyalty runs deeper than blood.”