Kelly Hager's Reviews > The Other Life

The Other Life by Ellen Meister

F_50x66
Feb 12, 11

Read from February 10 to 12, 2011

When she was a little girl, Quinn discovered that she had another life. As in, there was an alternate reality with a different Quinn, one who made different choices. She was always a little curious about alterna-Quinn, but she never was seriously tempted to do anything about it. Until, as a grownup, she learns that her second child will likely be born with disabilities. Her other life is one where she had stayed with her other boyfriend, one where she's not married or a mom.

I devoured this book, and fell in love with Quinn (and with her husband and six-year-old son, Isaac). My heart broke reading about what Naomi's life was likely to be like and I completely understood and sympathized with Quinn's struggle to choose between the two lives. Because it wasn't so much choosing between her boyfriend and her husband...it was choosing a life where her mom was alive.

If there's a me where my dad's still alive, I'd pick that life in a second. But it's harder to do when you have a kid that also needs his mom.

Such a great book and so, so highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Other Life.