TC's Reviews > Impeding Justice

Impeding Justice by M.A. Comley

Feb 10, 2011

bookshelves: crime, action-thrillers
Read from February 10 to 13, 2011 — I own a copy

This book was one of my kindle bargains, as I write it is available as the bargain price of 49p, and it is proof that cheap does not necessarily equate to poor quality.

DI Lorne Simpkins has been on the tail of The Unicorn for 8 years but her attempts to capture him have been thwarted. The chase becomes really personal when he kills her partner and then kidnaps her teenaged daughter. The book spans a period of few days and starts with action and mantains that, and a large degree of tension, right through the book. In some places the violence, although not always explicitly spelt out, might be uncomfortable for some readers.

It is a good pacey thriller but unlike some books in the genre Lorne's character is well developed. She's a tough woman who may not have been getting her work/life balance quite right, and we see her grappling with how to be a good wife and mum while still doing the job she is clearly devoted to.

As a slight negative there were a few issues with formatting, with words running together and similar, but I understand since I purchased the e-book there has been an update. I'll be requesting the free update from Amazon and hopefully those issues will have been ironed out.

This was a really good read and I'll be looking out for the sequel which I believe is due soon.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Impeding Justice.

M.A. Comley TC, I'm so sorry for not responding earlier to your fabulous review.

I'm finding goodreads site a little hard to navigate.

Bless you, hope you enjoy the sequel, all five star reviews so far, most people seem to think it's a better book too.

Thank you again.

Melx

message 2: by TC (new) - rated it 4 stars

TC Hi Mel,

No worries, if you're anything like me doing the rounds of all the various sites it's easy to miss something even if you know where to look. I will get round to the sequel soon, but my TBR lists is rather large! It's been sat there for ages, promise I'll review it when I do get to it. Have a great week,

Tracy

M.A. Comley Thanks Tracy.

xx