Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > The Girl in the Steel Corset

The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross

Too much, too much, too much. The book had potential, but was lost in a lengthy and overworked story. I love steampunk, but almost felt like the steampunk aspect was being crammed in my face, just in case I happened to forget that the book was steampunk.

I didn't have an intense dislike for the book, but couldn't find a lot to like about it either. I really wanted to like this one because the first few chapters grabbed me right off the bat, but something stalled out for me around chapter 7 or so and I wasn't able to get the mojo back.

5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl in the Steel Corset.

04/13/2011 page 65
19.0% "Nice start so far."
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Ah so it wasn't even good? To think I sulked over not getting approved 3 times lol

Stacia (the 2010 club) If the author had cut out a few parts, and not pushed some of the same details over and over, it might have been good. Don't feel bad for missing out.

Isamlq Stacia *two berries and a honeypot wrote: "If the author had cut out a few parts, and not pushed some of the same details over and over, it might have been good. Don't feel bad for missing out."

i completely agree

Olivia ツ This is on my November reading list. It got bumped from October. And September. Wondering if my subconscious is trying to save me from bad writing.

message 5: by Greta (new) - added it

Greta darn! the description looks so promising, too.

Joanna Totally agree. I have enjoyed the action but the fact that it was too long, I almost lost attention at some parts.