Amanda's Reviews > The Handmaid's Tale

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Feb 15, 11

bookshelves: 2011, beautiful-epic, general-fiction, sci-fi-fantasy, modern-classic, 1001
Read from February 10 to 15, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Handmaid's Tale.

Libby Ohhh. I haven't read this book in forever. I've been thinking about reading it again. I also enjoyed the movie version. The ending was different, but was still good.
I'm glad to see that you enjoyed it.

Amanda OohI didn't even know there was a movie! Yes I greatly enjoyed it, even though I didn't leave a proper review...it was beautifully poetic, sad...the first distopian book I've ever read from a female perspective...which made it completely captivating! If you need to borrow a copy to read, let me know

Libby Thanks for the offer :) I am pretty sure I have my own copy and if I don't, I need to buy my own. I know I had one once.
Atwood isn't for everyone, but I have enjoyed everything I have read from her. I also own Cat's Eye, The Blind Assassin, Bluebeard's Egg, and Alias Grace - if you would like to borrow any of those. I am still reading Cat's Eye, but I went a little crazy on my library hold list... so have put it aside for the moment.

Amanda hehe aww I miss the library. I owe the richland library over 200 bucks so I haven't signed up there yet...but I will once I can pay them off!!
I would love to borrow one or two of her books from you at some point - I enjoyed her writing quite a lot.