Allison's Reviews > Tangerine Twist

Tangerine Twist by Suzie Carr

Mar 01, 11

I won this book from First Reads on Goodreads. The author included a thank you card and autographed the title page, which I thought was sweet. I figured the book would come from a faceless publishing house, but the fact that it didn't is probably because the book is self-published. There's nothing wrong with that, but a little of the formatting bothered me (Marker Felt Thin-ish title font, different symbols as breaks between scenes), and there were some errors that I thought an editor would have picked up on (for example, a scene where the MC was going to run with her ex that same afternoon, but then she sleeps all night on the couch and runs the next day).
     Nit-picking aside, this was a really good book. Carr took the stereotypical story of an unknown becoming famous and spiraling out of control and put a very unique twist (puns are so good) to it. The characters were believable and memorable. There were sections where I was sure the story would play out a certain way, and it never did - I always love when that happens. Also, I'm a fan of not-necessarily happy endings, and Carr definitely delivers a realistic resolution. Once I delved into the book, it was really hard to put it down because the ending of a chapter would make me think "Just one more..."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangerine Twist.