Neverdust's Reviews > The Master and Margarita

The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov

Mar 22, 12

bookshelves: banned, library, want-to-own, recommended-to-friends
Read from February 27 to March 21, 2012

This novel starts off a bit slow but by the end I was so involved and invested that I didn't want to put it down. There are so many facets to this story and as you go along and the pieces come together it becomes a lovely, dark and tangled web that you don't really want to extricate yourself from. My favorite characters were most definitely (and probably by purposeful design of the author) the Dark Powers. Woland, Koroviev, Azazello, and Behemoth made me smile so often in a story filled with such dark places; I love the irony of it. And our story within a story is one I wish someone else would actually write.

Allow me too to make this request: all I could think about was how amazingly this story and its panelled story line would benefit by a retelling in graphic form. What I would give to see this made into a comic book. Sticking to the original would be an absolute must but I cannot imagine a better medium for it.

I'm so happy I picked this up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Master and Margarita.