Mikaela's Reviews > Strangling Your Husband Is Not an Option: A Practical Guide to Dramatically Improving Your Marriage

Strangling Your Husband Is Not an Option by Merrilee Browne Boyack

Sep 08, 11

Read in June, 2011

Okay. What to say. I could not finish this book. I have heard such good things about it that I actually bought it before reading it. Mistake! I have such a hard time with her tone. It's just oozing stereotypical Utah Mormon jargon that makes me want to vomit. I'm not sure why, but I have this aversion to referring to a husband as "hubby" and I'm pretty sure that's the only way she refers to husbands. I think there may have been some good things in the book, but I couldn't wade through all the 2-page quotes and self-glorifying examples to hone in on the good advice. I finally had to admit to myself that I just wasn't going to be able to read the book. I'll be putting it up for sale on ebay in hopes of getting some of my money back. I also felt worse after reading the book...is that supposed to happen? Apparently she is some supermom who can work part-time, teach seminary, keep a clean house, have a great relationship with all her children, read her scriptures daily, fulfull endless leadership callings in church, have speaking assignments, have time for her family and husband while taking a walk each day and a nap.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strangling Your Husband Is Not an Option.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Loni (new)

Loni I LOVE your comments! I have heard her a couple of times at Time Out for Women, and I will never measure up either, and that is A-OK with me. The Griggs men are lucky to have you around :)