Dina's Reviews > The Art of Raising a Puppy

The Art of Raising a Puppy by Monks of New Skete

Feb 10, 11

Read in January, 2011

Enjoyed understanding how The Monks of New Skete raise puppies. The respect they have for nature and setting the best foundation for puppies is just remarkable. They take raising/breeding a puppy very serious and make the reader stop and think about, why they want a puppy/dog? Do you want companionship? Do you want only protection? Please just get an alarm system. Because a dog is so much more than that.The key is trust through play, discipline and time. There really is nothing as fulfilling as a loyal addition to your family and understanding how your puppy develops(muck like a baby). When you understand stages in puppy development you understand that the first discipline for a dog is love and understanding building trust in order to train properly. I happen do be in love with Shepherds and I currently own a rescued Shepherd that has been the most loyal companion and protector of my family. The philosophy in this book can be applied to any breed. If you are interested in getting a dog or own dogs this would be a great book for you to read. I love Dogs and want to raise them correctly and always learn new ways of connecting to my dogs because I love them. I am adding another dog to my family and I know now even more the reasons I want this new addition so much and that I am ready.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Raising a Puppy.