Nicole's Reviews > Kiss of the Highlander

Kiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

Feb 10, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own, favorites, read-2011, guilty-pleasure, favorite-series, re-read, read-2013
Read from February 09 to 10, 2011

Wow! This book far surpassed my expectations! Having read the last three books in this series, I was cruising along slightly embarrassed that I'm reading horny housewife books (but it's KMM, I had to!) Then Drustan and Gwen come along and give me the sweetest surprising love story I've ever read. It's still a romance novel, so you can expect plenty of cheese with your crackers but damn, if it didn't make me choke on some joyful sobs by the end! That never happens, hence the 5 stars!
For all my friends still trying to recover from their "fever", this is the story of Drustan MacKeltar and it has quite a few tie-ins to our beloved series. You get to see voice used for the first time and a bit of the Druid back-story. Any of you still flipping back the first 50 pages of Dreamfever (you know who you are...) could really use this book and KMM's uniquely satisfying way with words.*clears throat*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of the Highlander.

02/09/2011 page 170
43.0% "Ok, I actually can't finish this book. It's nothing against John Green, it was going along at around 3 stars, but the turning point in this one hits to close to home and I don't want to go there right now."
02/09/2011 page 170
43.0% "whoops, just wrote that on the wrong book and have no idea how to take it off! Doh!"
02/09/2011 page 118
30.0% 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey This is the only Highlander book I actually have - can it be read as a standalone?

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Yes. A lot of people start reading the series with this book.

message 3: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey Thanks, AH :)

Nicole Yes and it's a great tie-in for the fever series.

message 5: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH I love these books. Moning can sure write Highlanders - hot brawny Highlanders.