Reeses's Reviews > Stolen Nights

Feb 09, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: give-away
Read on August 19, 2015 — I own a copy

Finally read this one a billion years later
To say waiting three years for this book to be released was a complete and total let down would be the understatement of a lifetime. Okay maybe not that bad, but close.

Rhode is back and now Lenah is fighting with everything she has to be with him again, but he doesn’t want anything to do with her. After being told that they need to choose to stay in the modern world and never be together again or go back to their time and never know each other Lenah chooses to stay and fight a evil equal to her own. Justin and Lenah are on the fritz and Rhode and Lenah can’t be together it’s a complete mess. Lenah is trying to stop the powerful vampire Odette, a vampire Lenah made. They’re in danger and it will take all of them including Vicken the best character in this whole book.

Lenah does a lot of butt kicking in this book and also a lot of getting her butt kicked. I honestly felt Lenah wasn’t the same bad momma character we got in the first book and became a more watered down version. She wasn’t as cunning or level headed as she was in the first book. It’s obvious in this book that Lenah and Rhode belong together and that Justin was just a filler boyfriend, which sucked since I liked him.

Sadly what they do to Justin in this story makes me seriously sad. I honestly felt it was just to make sure Lenah ended up with Rhode, which sucked. I am now wishing we hadn’t been introduced to Justin at all because now his character just makes me sad.

The story was alright, the writing was really well done, but it does not take away from the utter fail that is this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen Nights.

08/26/2013 marked as: read