Renee's Reviews > Remember When

Remember When by Judith McNaught

F_50x66
Mar 16, 11

Read from February 09 to 17, 2011

If you love Judith Mcnaught, do youself a favour and DO NOT READ THIS BOOK! this book is evidence that even the best of the best can have a bad day. In the acknowledgements of this book Ms McNaught makes reference to how long and arduous this book was to write. In my opinion she should have binned it.

It started off ok, but certainly did not grab you by the scruff of the neck like her other books (particulalry her historicals) do. I was willing to give her the benifit of the doubt and ploughed on. then at about the half way mark the leads have sex and determine they are automatically in love. It has happened before I know (I read a tonne of romance novels and I know this plot has worked before), but in this instance, it was so forced, so fake and so desperate on the part of the author, I closed the book right at that point and just knew the rest of the book just would not be worth if for me. I have not regretted this decision nor spared the hero and heroine another thought.

Now I LOVE Judith McNaught, "Kingdon of Dreams" and "Whitney, My Love," "Once and Always" and "Paradise" are some of my all time favourite romances. This author has never let me down before but this book is a shocker. Please, please - take it from me, don't bother with this one.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remember When.