Fenixbird SandS's Reviews > Less Is More: Teaching Literature with Short Texts, Grades 6-12

Less Is More by Kimberly Hill Campbell

Feb 06, 08

bookshelves: to-read, psychology-educational, wanna-buys
Recommended to Fenixbird by: Stenhouse Publishers
Recommended for: Teachers, linguists

Author's publisher's bio: "Kimberly's book, Less Is More, was inspired by her son, John, as well as the middle school and high school students who helped her discover that classroom literature could and should include more than just novels. "I drew on the journals and student work samples I kept from my own experiences as a high school teacher, as well my observations in the classrooms of student teachers and graduates. Writing the book gave me permission to lose myself in reading wonderful short texts. I followed up on the recommendations from my own children, my students, and colleagues who generously shared their short text recommendations and teaching strategies."

Kimberly's own professional development is supported by reading and writing. "I am grateful for the authors who have informed and inspired my work by sharing their stories and discoveries as teachers. I enjoy being part of professional development opportunities that provide time for teachers to write and read the stories of other teachers, as well as their own.

Kimberly's greatest hobby is reading and she is trying her hand at writing a mystery novel. She also enjoys watching movies, shopping, and swimming. She was born in sunny Denver, CO, but moved to rainy Oregon. "I found rain was the weather I needed to savor reading and thinking, although I still enjoy summer visits to
. . Colorado..."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Less Is More.