Amber's Reviews > Crave

Crave by J.R. Ward

Feb 09, 2011

Read from June 16 to 23, 2011 , read count: 1

I maybe a little bias when it come to JR Ward. I can't help but love whatever she writes and for me she has done it again. This book takes right of where Covet did. This story brings up the past for Jim, our Angel! We meet his friend Isacc Rothe, they both worked together in Xops. Isaac is now AWOL and is trying to get enough money by doing illegal cage fighting so he can get out of the Country. He's done a great job at keeping hidden but it all comes crashing done on him when he is participating in a cage fight.
Grier Childe is a successfull lawyer who likes to take on cases from time to time for those who can't afford one. Her brother overdosed and she has been affected by that since the day it happened. She wants to be able to help people like him and see if she can "save" them. So who naturally is there to defend Isacc? Ms Childe of course!
In the first book Jim got some help from his old boss Matthias to dig into Marie Terese's past. Now Matthias wants him to perform a certain task...That task is Isaac. Jim is very determined to win round two with Devina. He knows he needs to save Isaac and Jim thinks this lawyer may be good news for Isaac.
As Isaac and Grier continue their relationship of attorney and client they both start to unravel some very dark secrets and learn a lot more about one another. Isaac naturaly wants to run away and Grier wants to help him and doesn't understand what he's running from. Well she finds out and gets brought right into everything. It also seems these two are connected in ways that don't seem real.
What I love about this story is you see so much of Jim and his boys and what they're trying to do. You get into Devina's head, you see things from both Isaac's and Grier's POV's and as you read you realize JR has just pulled one over your heads! Don't be surprised when you read and feel like you know what is going to happen next because it doesn't always go in that direction! And I loved that! The ending of this book was just fantastic! I just loved it and of course can't wait for the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crave.