Bridget's Reviews > Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports

Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson

F_50x66
Feb 06, 08

I'm not sure if James Patterson had a time crunch for writing this book, but it was trash. There were so many improbabilities, pointless scenes, inconsistencies, and it was boring.

While reading "Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports", I had some major "Yeah, right" moments. Max loses the use of one of her arms, then suddenly gets it back? Angel is now powerful enough to hypnotize a crowd? I don't think so!

About that fight with Omega Boy...Max is super strong. She would be able to hold her own against him, but not for long. He's 400 times stronger than a normal human. He would have thumped her BADLY. The Director said that he was perfect. Yet his nose is weak and he doesn't track well. How convenient.

Was there any reason for Jeb and Anne to tell the Flock that everything that they had experienced was a dream? No. Did that whole episode with Iggy, Fang, and Gazzy at the beach have to be inserted? No. Why were the clones of Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gazzy, Angel, and Total even mentioned in the first place? They didn't do anything.

What made me really mad was that it was so stinkin' typical who Max's parents were. Why couldn't Patterson have thrown in a nice plot twist at that point?

On the upside, I really liked the title of this book. Secondly, there were some parts that cracked me up.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 28, 2008 03:34PM) (new)

i don't like your comment!!!!! :(

message 2: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Yeah... that's about right, B. *sigh* I wanted to like that book so much, too!

message 3: by Marannda (new)

Marannda I personally think you were wrong. Yeah, we all have our opinions, but really? I think it was great. What was it that you didn`t like besides the obvious?

(I`m just curious. Not trying to bash your opinion or anything to that extent.)

message 4: by Matt (new)

Matt DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS PERSON
when she says max loses her arm then gets it back they were trying to convince them the last 5 months were a lie so that would be hard if her arm still didn't work. besides they can cross hybrid DNA and you think they can't repair a few damaged nerve cells.
when angle hypnotizes a crowd it is because they are mutants that are made to do what they are told.and when max fights omega he cant track things fast with his eye's nothing is perfect and personally i think a fist gos pretty fast. Also he was still somewhat human not a metal robot, even if they are strong bones can be broken.
and yes the part with the beach had to be their they hadn't said anything about them since they split up it was just an update.
And yes i have more to say. of chores they made all the clones why would they just cloned max it would make no since.

Candice You really need to hide your review on account of the many spoilers. You may not have liked the book (I didn't either) but don't ruin it for others.

Mad Scientist I agree. This review told me everything before I read the book. Except I enjoyed it. Please hide your review so you dont spoil for others.

Action packed and excitement with most ever page. Of course, it isn't literary grand. However, it was fun and the yeah moments happen because it is a fictional story about gentically engineered kids. I'd be rolling my eyes if there were no yeah right moments.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole This review pretty much summed it up lol. Matt, I think you missed the point. What was the SIGNIFICANCE of those events in the grand scheme of things? Arg. Why not just clone Max? Her purpose was obvious in trying to take over the flock, but the other clones didn't affect the flock in any way...

Cocoa Did you even read the book? It only specifies on the Max, Angel, and Nudge clones, It doesn't say there it a Fang, Iggy, or Gasman clone, and it even says there isn't a Total clone!!!

Sophie But but but.......

message 10: by Brynn (new) - added it

Brynn What happened to hiding the reveiw because of spoilers?

Paige Taylor I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but James Patterson doesn't write his own books...