ayrdaomei's Reviews > Raven's Shadow

Feb 09, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: finished
Read from February 01 to 18, 2011 , read count: 1

Well, I set aside moping about the lack of any new Hurog stories long enough to pick up another of Briggs' more traditional fantasy fiction. Interesting characters, and another interesting (if more convoluted) world she's created for us in Book one of the Raven set. The pacing struck me as uneven, though -- when things finally really got interesting (towards the last third of the book), it seemed to me that everything started happening much too fast. Still, I enjoyed the book overall, because I enjoyed many of the characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raven's Shadow.

message 1: by Jacobi (new)

Jacobi That cover, goddamn. I bet you only read that book at home, in the basement, with the lights turned off so nobody could see. Sheesh. =P

message 2: by ayrdaomei (last edited Feb 20, 2011 06:02AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

ayrdaomei Jacobi wrote: "That cover, goddamn. I bet you only read that book at home, in the basement, with the lights turned off so nobody could see. Sheesh. =P"

**laughs** Yeah, I wish my library'd had one of the earlier editions, but you know my luck. The chick on the cover here doesn't look anything at all like the lead character the book describes. Except for the part where they're both female.