Julie's Reviews > If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You

If You Have to Cry, Go Outside by Kelly Cutrone

Feb 09, 2011

it was ok
Read in February, 2011

Interesting read. Kelly is such a raving hypocrite, but that is what makes the book funny (Completly unintentional, I'm sure). She is in PR and goes on and on about how honest she is, but then says; in her famous "we are all whores" statement justification, that she will endure a client talking BS because they pay her lots of money. And she devotes whole paragraphs to talking about how giving she is.
I was cracking up while reading the bizarre story of her suddenly being divinely struck with the ability to read tarot cards. She never mentions if she was any good, but that she charged $10 at first and then became a "psychic" on the Psychic Friends Network...UGH. I have heard mixed reviews about her in person, and I saw her show once, which portrays her as much more human and less together than she portrays herself in the book.

In general, this book should be taken with a few glasses of wine and a grain of salt.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You Have to Cry, Go Outside.