Sarah Eiseman's Reviews > Heaven, Texas

Heaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Feb 13, 11

Read from February 08 to 11, 2011

I’m writing this after I read the next book in my blog, so the memory is a little rusty now. Suffice it to say that this book was great. The characters were funny and likable, and the story was interesting and multifaceted.

Gracie Snow is looking for a change in her life. Up to this point, she’s been working at her parents’ nursing home in Ohio and led a fairly sheltered life. Desperate to shed some light in her dark and gloomy world, Gracie gets a job with a movie production company as the personal assistant for Bobby Tom Denton, a retired football player heading back to his hometown to film a cheesy movie. Little does she realize B.T.’s ability to procrastinate. So when she ultimately loses her job, B.T. feels awful and finds a way to get her another job. Gracie is to him a breath of fresh air that he doesn’t want to lose at this point. She doesn’t fall all over him, ask for money, or demand anything from him other than to be himself.

These two have some of the funniest SEP scenes I’ve read to date. I love the dialogue and the underlying sexual tension is great. I think this book (and now that I’ve read Natural Born Charmer, that book, as well) is one of my all-time fav’s from this author. If you need something dependably funny to read, with great characters, solid romance, and great dialogue, check this book out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven, Texas.