All Things Urban Fantasy's Reviews > Etched in Bone

Feb 22, 11

bookshelves: guest-review
Read in February, 2011

Guest Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

Just when I thought I had a story line figured out Adrian throws us another curve ball. I knew that since there are more books to come in this series that everything wasn’t going to be all happy hearts and teddy bears but, OMG I never saw what was coming in this book!

ETCHED IN BONE picks up pretty much right after BENEATH THE SKIN ends with Heather and Dante going to find Lucien in Gehenna. The story is so fast paced and told by so many different perspectives that sometimes it’s hard to keep up but, if you’ve read the other books you’ll remember character names and their places in the story line. Basically all hell breaks loose in this story and no one is safe including our two leads Dante and Heather. There were some parts of the book where I really wanted to throw it against the wall and just yell at these people “Leave poor Heather and Dante alone!”

What I love about these books and characters is the bond between Heather and Dante. It’s not one sided where she’s all googly eyed and needs him. He very much needs her too, and they balance each other completely. The other characters hold a significant place in my heart as well I especially love Von and Silver. Their comments always make me smile. And there’s so many bad guys in these books sometimes it’s hard to keep track of who’s truly bad; some of these people have flipped sides so many times you get whiplash.

Overall, Adrian has written another hit! I cannot wait for book five in the Maker’s Song series because this one left us with a total cliffhanger. So if you’re a fan of Adrian’s books or looking for a great new series to read I suggest picking up the Maker’s Song series and book 5 ON MIDNIGHT WINGS when it releases in December. Happy reading!

Sexual Content:
A couple moderately graphic sex scenes

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Etched in Bone.