Heather's Reviews > We Are Not Alone: The Writer's Guide to Social Media

Feb 12, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: electronic
Read from February 08 to 12, 2011

I was hoping for a more indepth look at what kinds of information I should and should not be posting as part of my social media profile. There was some information on this, but a large part of the book was taken up with step-by-step details of how to sign up for Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress, and Myspace which I could have done without. If you're new to all these sites it might help, but it was too introductory for me.

I must admit I was disappointed with the number of typos in the book. Things like the wrong form of "your", repeated words, and the wrong spelling of the surname of the author who created the #writegoal hashtag on Twitter. The book badly needs a proofread and I found that distracting.

The biggest thing I took away? Do a bit every day and you'll gradually build a platform without needing to spend hours a day. That, no longer feeling like I haven't got the time to create my platform, is probably going to help me more than the overall content presented in the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Are Not Alone.

Kristen Lamb LOL...me, too. Sorry about that. We were trying to get the book out for RWA Nationals and rushed it. In hindsight? I would have taken more time. This next book has been proofread to the extreme, so I hope that might redeem me. I think this next book might be more up your alley. "Are You There, Blog? It's Me, Writer" can get into the nitty-gritty because I have the luxury of referring total newbies to WANA. Thanks for being honest. Whether you realize it or not, it really is appreciated.

Tiffany Thanks for the review. I'm a technophile so I'll be skipping a lot of this book. I wanted to know about what *content* I should post...Hmmmm. Do you have any recommendations?