Ashley's Reviews > The Peach Keeper

The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen

May 27, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-fiction, favorites
Read from May 04 to 11, 2011

Sarah Addison Allen is officially one of my favorite authors of all time. All of her stories center around a few strong women and their relationships with each other. This was no exception. Two women who went to high school together, but were never really friends, are tied by the long-past friendship of their grandmothers, who are still alive and have complicated relationships of their own.

One of the big themes that I pulled out of this book was friendship and how important it is for women to have TRUE friends. Friends who aren't interested in competition or gossip, just love and support. I really felt the emphasis on how valuable real friends are.

Maybe I'm extrapolating that a little because I have really been missing my friends and struggling to make new ones. Whatever the reason, that's what stood out to me. It made me grateful for all the loving and supportive friends in my life-- wonderful women who help define me more than they know. But it also made me cry a little because I miss them so much!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Peach Keeper.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Emily I miss you more!!

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie I know that exact feeling - it's hard. But, I think these lessons are important for us to learn. It helps us to appreciate the friendships we have and better able to form new ones. It will happen - you are an amazing person and people who are interested in true friendship will be drawn to you. :)