Amber's Reviews > Pandora

Pandora by Anne Rice

Feb 08, 11

Read in February, 2011

Wow! I love reading stories about vampires and Anne Rice has it going on! I've had this book sitting on my bookcase back home since 8th grade and for some reason I never read it! Well luckily for me, I found this gem the other weekend while I was visiting my parents and am so happy that I finally read it.

In short, this book is about a 2,000 year old vampire named Lydia (aka Pandora) who lived during the height of the Roman Empire (15 B.C.) She is approached by a young vampire named David in the streets of Paris to write down her mortal days leading up to her immortal change. Pandora is reluctant to disclose her past life with this stranger but his charms talk her into complying. This novel read as she is writing her story for David.

Pandora is a strong female lead character who is not only smart and witty, but years before her time in the areas of women's rights and feminism. She approaches religion with such curiosity yet skepticism that I find myself trying to absorb her words straight from the page (or screen he he).

I honestly can't wait to read more of her works on vampires!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pandora.