Pamela Pickering's Reviews > Love and Biology at the Center of the Universe

Love and Biology at the Center of the Universe by Jennie Shortridge

Feb 10, 11

bookshelves: chick-lit
Read from February 08 to 10, 2011

Chick lit consists of several categories. This one fits for chicks over 40--i.e. it's still girl-like emotional and men stuff but stuff chicks of my age (mid-40s) can actually relate to. All in all, it was a fairly decent book. At times I just wanted to take the protagonist by the shoulders and say, "Snap out of it!" but it came clear that the author intended Mira to be a flawed individual--a nice but flawed and a somewhat irritating. I did like that the author allowed most of her characters to have some growth within the story. So often we only see the protagonist change. I was taken with the ability to shirk my responsibilites aside, just run away, and then work at a Bohemian Coffee Bar in Seattle. I can't tell you how many times I just want to throw my hands up to responsibility and just have a different life. That part of the book appealed to me greatly. Great book for a rainy or snowy day where you can sit and escape.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love and Biology at the Center of the Universe.

02/08/2011 page 126
32.0% "Decided on some good ole, easy chick lit for now."