Lanica's Reviews > Dragon Bones

Dragon Bones by Patricia Briggs

Feb 11, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal, read-in-2011, reviewed, series-continuing, audiobooks
Read from February 04 to 08, 2011

I really enjoyed this book, which I listened to on audio. The narrator was very good, and his voice(s) added to the experience.

To be honest, the beginning seemed a bit slow because and the book read a bit like a D&D adventure - a fighter collects a band of adventurers and goes in search of glory - but once the party was gathered and the adventure began I was totally engrossed. I enjoy books where you're not sure if characters are good or evil, when anyone could turn on anyone at any second. I picked out 'the traitor' early on, but then began to doubt almost every other character as well. I think Briggs did a great job with magic and mythical creatures and can't wait to see what she does next.

I also liked that the main character didn't know where he was going, and changed course as he learned new information. I think too many books have a 'straight' plot line that fails to remain realistic. By the the end of most books I feel, "Well, that's how it had to end" but in this case I can think of many other possible endings that I would have enjoyed equally and seemed equally plausible.

I have not read anything by this author before, and I will search out something else of hers to read while waiting impatiently for Herog #2.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Bones.