Denise's Reviews > Hard Magic

Hard Magic by Laura Anne Gilman

Feb 08, 2011

Read in December, 2010

If you like CSI and you like paranormal, then you're TOTALLY going to enjoy Laura Anne Gilman's PSI series! I had enjoyed the Retriever's series, so I got this book on principle. Imagine how delighted (but unsurprised) I was to discover another terrific series. Laura continues to twist the paranorma in new and exciting ways. Her PUPI unit (yeah, it's pronounced "puppy") is the paranormal's answer to CSI, but with a lot less respect. So far.

Bonita (Bonnie) Torres, a Talent without a purpose or a paycheck, finds herself recruited into a completely new investigative unit designed to track down magickal villains, high and low. Sadly, they learn just how little the powers that be truly want the truth if it doesn't serve their particular definition. Her fellow PUPI's, as well as their two charismatic and enigmatic leaders, have their work cut out for them.

I'm not going to give any spoilers because it's just that good! Don't miss it. I'm already reading the 2nd book in the series, Pack of Lies, and anxiously awaiting the third which I believe will be released this year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Magic.