Jenny's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

F 50x66
Feb 08, 2011

Read in December, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Last Sacrifice - Richelle Mead

This book is Romance, Sci-Fi, Adventure, and some what mystery. I think it was a mystery because at the beginning it wasn't clear who killed Queen Tatiana. No one knew who it was until the end. Everyone thought it was Rose but it actually wasn't. Everyone believed that it was Rose that killed her, so when Rose was in jail, Dimitri broke her free and they ran away. At first Dimitri denied his love for her, but as they moved along and hung out with each other again, his heart opened up and he finally admitted that he still had feelings for her. They have a relationship with each other at the end, when Adrian breaks up with her. And the person who actually killed the queen was Tasha, Christian's aunt. Lissa takes on the throne, Christian and Lissa continue their relationship.

I liked this book. It was scary though, because Rose could have gotten killed for killing the queen. But at the end, all was better. Rose got back together with Dimitri... that was alittle weird and shocking. Because I wanted Rose to continue her relationship with Adrian. But she never gave him a chance, even though she did go out with him she always kept her feelings for Dimitri. Even when she thought he was dead, even when he was trying to kill her (she acted like she didn't care. But she still loved him. She just tried to kill him because she couldn't let him cause even more trouble), and even when he denied his feelings and rejected her. That was disappointing, because I thought Dimitri actually didn't like her anymore. Because if he did, he would have accepted her feelings when she approached him about it. But maybe, it was about pride. Because Dimitri is all about pride, so he would rather ignore her feelings then accept it. Since he turned into a monster for a few months, he was ashamed of himself.

I would recommend this book to other people. THE SERIES ENDED! :( . The author will be releasing more books about the Vampire Academy but it will not be centered around Lissa, Rose, and Dimitri anymore. I think it will be about a few other guardians in the Academy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.