Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews's Reviews > Reckoning

Reckoning by Lili St. Crow

Jan 27, 12

bookshelves: 2012-releases, young-adult-fiction, last-book-of-series, borrowed-library
Read from January 26 to 27, 2012

*Rating* 2.5
*Genre* YA Paranormal

Five books. Five books and the only thing we definitely know is that the bad guy got dead. Yes, I did say got dead sue me!

Five books and Dru ends up with a penny, instead of a hundred dollar bill. Readers divided themselves into Team Christophe and Graves only to be left holding the bag with this release and the subsequent decisions by both Graves and Dru. So, again, what was the point in continuing this series past the first three books?

Then there is the puzzling realization that Dru's family still has more secrets that they never told her. Secrets that nobody will end up learning the facts behind because this is the last book of the series!

So, again I ask, what was the point? I'm feeling totally cheated right now, and it's not even this series ending that I've had a problem with. It's been all THREE that I've read!

Was the point to show how much Dru changes after her "blooming" only to have her cry for nearly 125 pages? Yeah, we kind of got that by the way she continually described her "enhanced" features time and time again.

I'll say it. I hate Graves. I think Christophe actually seemed more interested in keeping her safe and away from harm and was there at the when Dru needed him the most. Naturally, I still think he is also the George Soros creepy dude of this series who went after Dru's mother and now wants a little nookie with Dru as well!

I can't in good faith recommend this book to anyone. I know this will come as a puzzling proposition to anyone who actually reads my reviews and comments on them.

Thanks by the way to those who do.

7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reckoning.

01/27/2012 page 106
35.0% "There comes a time in everyone's life where you just have to say enough nonsense and churlish stupidity and just move on. I'm not sure I can take much more of this book." 2 comments
01/27/2012 page 202
66.0% "! UGH!"

mrsj bad guy is finally dead in this book?

Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews Oh yes and in a fitting, almost poetic way.

mrsj about time. LOL

Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews Which was what I was saying in my mini review. This series SHOULD have ended at 3 books and not 5. This book was not necessary except to keep fans happy.

mrsj happy? I don't know. I know I wasn't. :p

Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews I sometimes wonder, upon reading other reviews, if I even read the same book as they did. Really? A 5 star review? Huh

mrsj lol. i know what you mean.
I am not reading it yet.
Afterall.. this is the last book.
The bad should be dead.

message 8: by AH (new)

AH I gave up on this series after book 3. Just couldn't do it anymore.

Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews I honestly can't blame you. Dru could have bloody bloomed over the course of the first three books, and then we would not have had to deal with the utter disappointment and frustration of the past 2 books.