Jules's Reviews > Eternal Rider

Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione

Apr 03, 11

bookshelves: arc, blog-tour, sent-4-review, reviewed

I have to admit that I have been waiting anxiously for this book to hurry up and get here. When I reviewed Larissa Ione's "Sin Undone" last year, I was hooked BIG TIME. While I was bummed that Sin Undone was the final Demonica book, I was jazzed to hear about her upcoming Lords of Deliverance series starring War, Famine, Pestilence and Death. You know..The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse! I have always been fascinated by The Four Horsemen and when I read an excerpt for Ms. Ione's then upcoming Lords of Deliverance series, I was impatient. Let me tell you, the wait was WELL worth it.

There are many surprises and fun twists in this first book about Ares/War. Larissa Ione is a genius when it comes to creating fascinating characters that you are drawn to. Ares is no exception: he's hunky, funny, smart and loves his horse! (Sorry, that's a huge requirement for any man for me.) It's fun to watch his character grow from a rather oblivious immortal that has little use for humans to a fierce protector of the race ~ one lady in particular. Especially since her death could bring the end of life as he knows it.

Cara is a great match for Ares. Her growth and journey are a perfect foil for that of Ares. She's an animal lover which comes to play in various important places of the story. It's fun to have such a strong woman who is also soft and caring. The contrasts and bond between her and Ares make for an exciting story that is full of steam and adventure. Lots of steam :)

I don't want to give anything away as this is one of those stories that you will savor and not want to put down ~ even after it's over. There are surprises aplenty and a great foundation has been laid for the rest of the Horsemen's stories. This is one of those that I will re-read; especially when the second book "Immortal Rider" comes out in December. It tells the tale of Limos/Famine and it's going to be another can't-put-downable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternal Rider.