Cathy/The Crazy Bookworm's Reviews > Autumn

Autumn by David Moody

Feb 11, 2011

Read from February 07 to 11, 2011

When I first read the premise for Autumn, I couldn't wait to read it. If there is one thing I love more than vampires and werewolves it's ZOMBIES! You can't help but let this book get into your head and under your skin. The very thought of something like this happening to you in real life is terrifying enough on it's own. The nagging question keeps running through your head "What would I do?"

David Moody knew how to deliver a solid, frightening story! His setting descriptions alone were enough to give me the chills. He had a perfect way for describing how dark, cold and spooky the surroundings were and how horrible the decaying zombies looked and acted(although never once does he use the 'Z' word). As the storyline progressed, so did the intensity and the suspense. It is nearly impossible to read just a few chapters at a time. If "life" didn't interrupt my reading, I could have easily finished this book in one sitting.

The character cast is strong, each having their own stern opinion on survival. It is easy to find a bond with at least one character and relate to them. I instantly bonded with Emma. She was remaining tough on the surface, but was frequently second guessing things in her mind. Which is easy to understand because in a situation like that, how do you really know what your doing is the right thing. She was strong-willed but was willing to show her scared, vulnerable side as well.

I absolutely loved this book. It is a great read even for people that aren't familiar with this genre. It hooks you from the very beginning and will leave you wanting more after your turn the last page. Thankfully, we will get more because the sequel to Autumn, Autumn: The City was released Feb 1, 2011. I can't wait to see what else is in store of the survivors and for The City.

What I loved: The intensity of it. The awesome cover. The overall story
What I disliked: Nothing. Honestly, what's not to love about this book?!

Do you think you could survive a zombie apocalypse?
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Autumn.