Lady Allison's Reviews > Blood Feud

Blood Feud by Alyxandra Harvey

Feb 08, 11

bookshelves: vamps, ya
Read from February 07 to 08, 2011

The second installment of the Drake Chronicles follows another Drake brother, Logan, and the Hound princess, Isabeau. The Hounds are a more earthy vampire sect that live in caves, use magic, and dogs are their companions and fellow warriors. They are attempting a treaty now that the Drake family has taken over the monarchy, but before real talk begins, the war that was started in the first book revisits them as revenge and evil vampires try to take the crown and Solange.

I enjoyed Logan, he was adorable and Isabeau had an interesting back story that was woven through 3rd person every few chapters. The interchanging 3rd person POV and 1st person POV didn't get annoying, and you could tell that the author did her research on the French Revolution to make it as real as possible which was satisfying as a reader and someone who enjoys French history.

The love story was a little less believable since they were saying "I love you" by the end of the book, but in time it was only like 2 or 3 days which is hardly enough time to truly feel it, but since it's YA I guess I can give it a pass.

Either way, it was a fast paced, easy read and I'll definitely read the next. There are plenty of Drake brothers to go!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Feud.